Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Validation

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A little humility...


Tonight Ace & I were out for our evening walk. We had gone a few blocks and stopped before crossing a main street.  There was a car lingering at the stop sign and maybe four more behind it.  The driver kindly signaled for Ace and me to cross.  I smiled, waved a "thank you" and tried to move along my often-slow-ambling aging critter when I felt his resistance to be slightly more than usual.  Looking over my shoulder it seemed to me he was arching his back, dragging his back feet a bit.  "Nooooooooo!" my thoughts were screaming..."Come!" I tried to tug gently, yet firmly.  "Come! Come!"  I commanded, then coerced, acutely aware of our audience in the line of cars whose occupants had nothing to do but watch us.  The whole corner of the street on the side to which we crossed is a restaurant with full windows.  All I can say is, Ace did make it to the sidewalk, in full view of those big windows and casual diners inside, before he completed his job on the sidewalk.

Ah, Ace!  You do keep me humble...

No comments:

Post a Comment